A List of Good Dissertation Topics in Human Resource Management
Human resources is a growing and thriving field, and HR departments are a crucial component of any successful organization. Human resources professionals manage the personnel who are employed by an organization, ensuring compliance with applicable employment and labor laws, evaluating applicants for available job positions, assessing staff performance, and fielding employee concerns. The four basic functions of human resources generally include organizational staffing, employee training and development, ensuring motivation among personnel, and maintaining processes and protocols that are already in place.
Careers in human resources can be both lucrative and rewarding, making it an excellent choice if you’re pursuing a postgraduate degree. When you’re close to getting your human resources management degree, the final step will be your doctoral dissertation. This extended paper requires original research and analysis, and requires you to make a new contribution to the study of effectively managing organizational personnel. Here are a few potential dissertation topics to help you get started finding the perfect subject to research and analyze for your doctoral dissertation paper and presentation.
- Methods for implementing different theories of human resource management in real-world organizational environments
- Examining the capacity of human resources departments to drive organizational change
- Issues and concerns in overseas outsourcing from a human resources perspective
- Examining the role of organizational management in collaborating with human resources departments
- Examining the role of employee negotiation power in human resources management
- Investigating the use of employee training and development to increase organizational resilience against economic crises
- Examining the impact of employee training and development on organizational profits
- Discussing budgetary considerations in human resources, such as accommodating the need for employee training
- Examining the relative value of soft skills and hard skills when selecting personel for available job positions
- Finding methodologies for systematically improving poor employee selection processes
- Using human resources management to smooth processes of organizational change
- Monitoring and responding to recent trends and developments in approaches to human resource management
- Examining how a strong human resources department creates tangible value for companies and organizations
- Examining the extent to which employee performance can be effectively managed
- Examining the implications of performance management for potential wage capping
- Examining subjectivity versus objectivity in employee assessment and evaluation
- Examining the concept of “fairness” in employee wages, hours, and other considerations
- The implications of human resource management strategy for facilitating employee motivations
- Investigating the relationship between reward and motivation among employees
- Reviewing both legal and ethical aspects of maintaining workplace diversity
- Examining methods of controlling subjective personal biases among human resources personnel in charge of interviewing and hiring job candidates
Human Resource Dissertation Topics & Ideas from Expert Writers
Human Resource management (HRM, or simply HR) is the process of recruitment, selection of employee, providing proper induction, orientation and handling grievances within the company. HR is primarily concerned with the management of people inside the organizations, focusing on policies and systems. Human Resource Management is the fundamental resource for building or constructing anything. Behind every successful management, there is a team of astute human mind and efforts of human resources.
Under every HRM course, writing assignments on human resource concept is an important exercise for the HRM students. Writing a human resource management assignment is certainly not an easy task, and that is why, It is highly beneficial to take assistance from the expert writers from the field of HRM. “Instant Assignment Help” is solely devoted to delivering authentic and reliable Human Resource writing services including top quality dissertations by our specialist team of highly qualified writers.
Below mentioned are the suggested topics and useful examples of Human Resource Management (HR) Dissertation:
Training & Development HRM Dissertation Topics
Training and development is a function of human resource management that is concerned with organizational activity aimed at enhancing and improving the performance of individuals and employees working in a corporate system.
Below stated are some proposals to make your Human resource management dissertation interesting and engaging if you’re looking to work specifically on Training & Development segment.
- The use of training and development as useful tools for enhancing the performance of the employees?
- What skills are needed for today’s turbulent climate?
- Does training and development really impact the bottom line?
- Who provide the training to train others?
- Soft versus hard skills.
- Is training a solution of all problems?
- Soft skills, who needs them?
- Where now, post-disaster survival?
- Can poor selection processes be solved through training and development?
Performance Management HRM Dissertation Examples
Performance Management is a continuous process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work to meet the organizational goals & objectives. Under this segment, writing an assignment could be very intriguing.
Below are the suggestions of HRM dissertation topics under performance Management subject.
- Is performance management effective to meet organizational goals?
- Can skills be increased through performance management system?
- Do individuals have control over their reward?
- Reviewing and reacting on results.
- Is it possible to manage every employee performance by performance management techniques?
- Can wages be capped through performance management?
- Job satisfaction & performance appraisals.
Appraisal HRM Dissertation Topics
Every organization becomes successful by it’s hard working and unflagging efforts of employees. The performance appraisal is the process of assessing and evaluating every employee performance on the job by comparing current performance with the already set standards and targets.
Below are few Dissertation Topics to make your writing assignment on human resource management captivating and gripping.
- Can subjectivity be removed?
- Is it fair? A comparison between same level employees.
- Can I have a pay rise?
- Are Appraisals honest?
- Are the 360-degree assessments valid?
- Public sector appraisals and the spinal pay reward.
- Investigating the efficacy of performance evaluations from the outlook of employees.
Motivation HRM Dissertation Topics
Motivation is one of the most important concepts in HRM. It is required to gain the best performance from the employee when a particular employee is not motivated and hence not providing significant results. This is the reason companies spend exorbitant amounts of money in arranging training sessions for the employees to motivate them and earn higher productivity.
If you want to explore this subject and eager to discuss motivation in your HRM writing assignment, here are some topics for you to get started.
- Does motivated workforce increase productivity?
- HR and motivation.
- Behavioral inflexibility.
- Motivation versus total reward.
- Motivation and job satisfaction.
- Cross organization comparison, who gets it right?
- HRM is a motivator.
- A link between motivation and performance.
- Employee motivation & performance.
- The impact of motivation programs on employees performance.
A reputable assignment writing service
Strategic HRM Dissertation Topics
Strategic human resource management is an outlook to manage human resources that support long-term business goals and results with a strategic framework. A human resource management dissertation on Strategic HR brings some excellent topics for you to write.
- Does HR sit and fit on the board?
- Future planning or firefighting?
- Future planning or justifying role?
- Can HR be strategic?
- A resource based view assessment of Strategic human resources quality management systems.
- Is HR driving the organization.
- Operations or planning the HR function?
- To establish the significance of the relationship between organizational performance and strategic human resource management.
Organizational culture HRM Dissertation Topics
The culture is significant and important to an organization and its workforce. It is a system of shared values, beliefs, rules and regulations which governs the behavior of the employees. A particular culture followed in a company gives a strong influence on the dressing and working style of an employee.
If you are interested in discussing culture as your HRM dissertation, some topics are suggested below.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Placing values in the organization.
- Culture is the organization.
- Cross-Cultural human resource management.
- Inducting new employees into the culture.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Managing cultural change.
- Training and culture.
Diversity HRM Dissertation Topics
Diversity management is an important research area of human resource management that brings challenges and learning to employees. In every organization, the workforce belongs to different cultural areas, educational backgrounds, religion, age, gender and to value and respect every individual can lead to a successful organization.
Some intriguing topics for your diversity human resource management dissertation are suggested below:
- Can discrimination be eliminated?
- Differences discrimination and diversity.
- Running the new workforce.
- Cross-national diversity.
- Managing diversity and cultural differences.
- Training managers for diversity.
- Investigate the challenges of inequality.
- Managing diversity in the public sector.
Human Resource Theory Dissertation Topics
There are two kinds of approaches to Human resource (HR), and the HR theory framework takes both the soft and hard versions of HRM. The soft approach includes addressing and taking care of employees concerns and their expectations. The hard approach considers evaluating the efficacy of HRM policies and processes and giving less emphasis to workers needs and preferences.
The following are some suggestions within the area of Human Resources (HR) Theory that you could base your human resources management dissertation on.
- Prepare a comparative analysis of different human resources theory approaches.
- The role of human resource policies in the success of an organization.
- The black side of Human Resource.
- HR versus Taylorism.
- The role of HR as a shared service.
- Part of HR behind the closed doors.
- Investigate the trade unions place in the organization.